Glen and the boys have been working on a roofing project at a friend's house this week. The weather has been wonderful for them, as in NO RAIN! However, the sun beating down on you when you are on a black roof with no shade in sight can get very very warm. So they have been starting early in the morning...very, very early!
Right now it would be good to remind you that we are a homeschooling family. As such, our days are run by our own clock, not that of the public school system. What I am trying to say is that we like to sleep, we like to sleep, and sleep and sleep. So it has been a rude awakening (no pun intended) for all of us to be getting up so early every morning! Those of you who regularly get up before 6:00am will probably not appreciate these new discoveries, and for that I am sorry.
These are some of the things that I have learned by getting up at 5:30am.
1. The chickens are awake and crowing, but still on their roosts.
2. I have left my roost, but am neither awake nor crowing!
3. Sunrise over the ridge to the east of our house is so beautiful I can hardly stand it!
4. It is amazing how much I can get done in a day with a couple extra hours! (I didn't say how many!)
5. When the two-hour-timer on the coffee pot goes off before 8:00am I am stunned!
6. Though I always like to spend time with God in the morning, actually watching with Him as the world wakes up is an amazing gift!
7. The house gets quiet by 9:30 or 10:00pm instead of the usual 11:30pm or 12:00am.
So far it has been a very enjoyable week for me, I cannot speak for the men in my family who have been working so incredibly hard. Though waking up seems difficult at first, once I am moving it seems to get easier. Some planning ahead to have the coffee maker all ready to go in the morning so all I have to do is push GO is essential! Most likely life will return to the usual stay-up-late-get-up-late routine when the project is done, but it has been a fun ride!
I have been trying to get up earlier too, but the bed is so inviting!!! :)
ReplyDelete