There were 15! That is an industrious hen. It has been cool enough that they were perfectly refrigerated here on the north side on the barn. They all passed the freshness test when I put them in a bowl of cool water. (A rotten egg will float.) What a fun discovery! I just hope that this hen will change her plans and start using the nesting boxes in the barn now! After all, it is snowing out there!
Monday, October 12, 2009
The hidden nest
Yesterday Glen and I were putting some garden things away in the barn when I spied this! A nest of chicken eggs hidden in some blackberry brambles. The leaves had been frozen in the last frost and were withered just enough that I could see through them.

There were 15! That is an industrious hen. It has been cool enough that they were perfectly refrigerated here on the north side on the barn. They all passed the freshness test when I put them in a bowl of cool water. (A rotten egg will float.) What a fun discovery! I just hope that this hen will change her plans and start using the nesting boxes in the barn now! After all, it is snowing out there!
There were 15! That is an industrious hen. It has been cool enough that they were perfectly refrigerated here on the north side on the barn. They all passed the freshness test when I put them in a bowl of cool water. (A rotten egg will float.) What a fun discovery! I just hope that this hen will change her plans and start using the nesting boxes in the barn now! After all, it is snowing out there!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment