Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It is dawn on Christmas morning. Our gifts are opened. (I heard footsteps upstairs at 3:00am, but the child responsible for said footsteps went back to bed!) The lights in our room were turned on by four excited children...one of them had enough sense to look a little sleepy, at 5:30! They wisely turned on the coffee and gave us a couple seconds to stumble out to the living room and let the merriment begin! It was a delightful 9.5 minutes of unwrapping frenzy! We are all feeling so loved and appreciated! Now we have dispersed and are all involved in different activities; movies, games, and I think I hear snoring from deep in my room! (I may have to join in the snoring again soon!)
I just wanted to wish you all Gods peace and joy on this Christmas morning! No matter where you are, or how you are feeling, God loves you and sent His only son to earth to live and die for you! It was the greatest gift and sacrifice of all. I did not deserve it! You did not deserve it! I praise God that he loved me anyway! I am humbled and moved!
Merry Christmas friends and family! I would love to see each of you today, but please consider this a "hug" from me!
Enjoy your day, however you choose to! It is a gift to you from a loving God!
Allison

2 comments: