Monday, January 4, 2010

Looking forward to warm!


Baby it's cold outside! Seriously, anything below zero is ridiculously cold! The last two days have been utterly too cold, today is looking a bit more reasonable, I'm talking about 10 degrees ABOVE the doughnut! The sun is shining, and that makes the most difference. My south-facing windows are both covered by a porch, so I don't get too much sun shining in. However, there is a puddle of sunshine in the kitchen, and appropriately, there is a kitty sunning herself in that puddle.

In the middle of the cold, the cold virus that is circulating through our family, and the blinding white snow, we are planning a trip.

A trip to someplace warm!

A cruise to the Mexican Riviera!!

How crazy is that?!? We have never "cruised" before. We have never travelled to Mexico as a family before. We have never flown on a plane altogether before!! We are so excited!

We are traveling with friends of ours who have done all of these things. In fact, they have taken this very cruise in the past and it is their favorite!! They are so wise! We are just going to do what they say and be thankful!! It is wonderful to have someone else planning and in charge of all the details like purchasing tickets, arranging transportation, and etc.! I feel a bit spoiled, and I have to admit to you that I like it!

So, the timing with a new year and all seems right to make some personal improvements! In other words, I am going to start exercising! *gasp*

I don't like to exercise, but I really want to see the results of exercise on this (older-than-last- time-I-got-serious-about-exercising) body.

I may have to complain to you about it occasionally...please bear with me. If you are an avid exercise-er, please try to keep your comments to the positive and encouraging type! I am fairly sensitive and prone to drop into a depression if I fear too much difficulty! I am going to start out slow enough to not be overwhelmed, but hopefully clip along at a pace that will get me to my goal in six weeks...our departure date.

Nothing like a finish line to keep me moving forward...

That SO is not true for me.

But I will try to believe it. Think how happy I will be when I wear a sundress and stand on the deck of a huge ship in the warm sunshine! (Yep, that is WAY more motivating!)

Oh happy, happy warm and sunny day! I can hardly wait!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm jealous! What an amazing trip to look forward to!

    I'm also starting the whole exercising thing so I can look good in my brother's wedding in April. So I'm right there with you! We just recently purchased a recumbent exercise bike so I'm counting on that to help me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, guys--have fun!!! Can't wait to see pics, think Aidan will need to borrow Cayden's shirt? :)

    ReplyDelete