Happiness in red meat form! That is what I would call Rib-Eye Steaks with Whiskey Cream Sauce! Do most definitely make that recipe! Fantastic!
At our favorite steak house there are sides dishes to choose from when you order a steak. I usually choose the Cesar Salad with dressing on the side and the Mashed Potatoes. Glen usually chooses the Baked Sweet Potato and Steak Fries. The options are many!
That is there.
At my house, there are fewer options, unfortunately!
Especially when I am busy working on a project during the day and forget entirely to focus on what I will make for dinner.
So, this is what I made.
Onion Strings from PW.
And the Rib-Eye Steaks.
That was all.
Not a potato in sight! No salad, no green veggie, no orange or yellow veggies either. And I have to admit that it wasn't all that bad! The meat was certainly center stage, and isn't that how a good steak should be?!?
Now here's the thing...
If you are going to make Onion Strings (which I highly recommend) and Rib-Eye Steaks with Whiskey Cream sauce,
BE SURE YOU HAVE A VENT HOOD IN YOUR KITCHEN!!
I do not.
When you do not have a vent hood and you are working with crazy-hot oil in large quantities and some gets spilled, there is bound to be some smoking. Oil does not smell good when it is smoking. Not for the first few minutes, or a little while later, or even after dinner. It just never smells good.
Yesterday the weather was quite breezy during the day. A nice storm was moving in from the west. However, when I put the pot of oil on the stove and opened the doors, the breeze magically disappeared leaving our house smoky for hours!
Once I removed the battery from the smoke detector at the top of the stairs we could hear again... but see?!?!?
Seeing is over-rated at dinner time, right?? Isn't that why we dim the lights and light candles? Or something.
Ok, you get the idea.
Just remember
Rib-Eye Steaks with Whiskey Cream Sauce and go make them!!
Yummo!
No comments:
Post a Comment