Sunday, February 8, 2009

Friends from Bemidji



Our good friends, the Oakes, came to visit us from Bemidji this weekend. Well, they really came to Eau Claire to see their oldest son, Landon, play guitar in the Bemidji showchoir's band for the competiton. We just got lucky and were able to see them while they were here! We had a great time (once they finally arrived...if you know Bill, ask him how long it takes to get from Eau Claire to our house!). It was so fun to be able to hang out, eat a couple meals, talk a lot, watch a movie and get caught up on each others lives. On my coffee table is a small book that Laurie gave me for my birthday three years ago called Happier in the Country. I love that little book and I re-read chapters of it often. It describes me so perfectly...happier in the country!! Laurie has also blessed us with hand-made Christmas ornaments over the years. As I unwrapped them and placed them on our tree this year I was thinking of their family and the fun we have had together! I could not complete this thought without commenting on how HUGE their children are now and how fast time flies! Bill and Laurie, Brian and Leanne...it was so good to see you all again! We are glad that life brought you to Eau Claire and that we were here to greet you! May God continue to bless you as you live your lives in his service!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to be with you guys at your farm- we hope life brings us back there again soon! Most of us know the way now :) Reading your blogs makes me long for spring-it is coming, right??!! Love, Laurie

    ReplyDelete