Yesterday was a productive kitchen day! It started with Glen installing two shelves in the open space above the sink for me. Then he left for work, and guess what he left behind?? The circular saw!! Now, don't get too worried, I have been "checked off" on the circular saw. I was very careful and went through all the check points before I started! I removed the cabinet doors above the sink, and trimmed off the scalloped edge that hung under them. Then I removed the light, relocated it to under the lowest shelf that Glen had installed for me, and re-ran the wire for it through the cabinets and back to the outlet. Having the light so much closer to the outlet meant that there was an over-abundance of wire, so I removed the plug end of the cord, trimmed the wires, and re-installed the plug. It works like a charm, and the cord inside the cabinet is just the right length!! I was fairly proud of the work that was done! The inside of the top cabinet needed to be painted with one coat of primerThen I cleaned up (the circular saw threw sawdust EVERYWHERE!) and filled my new shelves! So far I like the results...we'll see how it goes!
Oh my--that is adorable!!! I want to come help! Now you've got to get your "new" stove up and running--how cute will that be?!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou had best be careful...it's going to look too cute to update! It looks great Allison!
ReplyDelete"I removed the cabinet doors above the sink, and trimmed off the scalloped edge that hung under them. Then I removed the light, relocated it to under the lowest shelf that Glen had installed for me, and re-ran the wire for it through the cabinets and back to the outlet...so I removed the plug end of the cord, trimmed the wires, and re-installed the plug"
ReplyDeleteWHAT?!! Who are you? I am so impressed:)