Chelsea and I have been doing the "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place" this summer. It was Chelsea's first experience with Bethie, and she loves her too! Anyway, we have been looking forward to going to Green Bay since we first heard about the event. In our present financial circumstance it did not appear as though we would be able to go, but I could not accept "NO" as an answer. What do you know? Thursday morning I received two tickets for Friday and Saturday! Unfortunately, we had not planned in faith that we would be going. Chelsea had been scheduled to work, and could not find anyone to take her place. It nearly broke my heart to leave her at home, but she wrote a personal note to Bethie and gave it to me to give to her. I invited my friend Bee, we both made gigantic efforts to be ready to leave the next day, and off we went to see my Bethie!
Here we are at Bee's house just about to leave for the four hour drive to Green Bay.
We did NOT film any of Beth's teaching. For one thing, we wanted to be focused on learning and absorbing and taking notes, for another, I am just not sure about how legal it would be to do so. Sure would not want to get into trouble for doing that!
The message was from Psalm 37 titled "The Heart of Our Desires". There were seven fantastic points, but the main message I received was KEEP PRAYING! God IS faithful! Do not give up on prayer, ever!
At the beginning Bethie was down in the audience talking about her very young childhood in Green Bay. She was so close and so real! I wanted her to come sit with me, but maybe she will have a chance to some other time. She was pretty busy.
One of the things that we miss out on in our Bible study is the worship time. I simply adore worshiping the Lord through song! It was amazing to be there in that arena and to worship with my Bethie! Such a sweet, sweet time! Travis Cottrell was the worship leader. The music was awesome!
After the Friday session Bee and I headed for our hotel and had a fun time talking and laughing, and also pondering the question, "What is the desire of my heart?", much later than we should have. Saturday morning we were up bright and early and out the door to try to get good seats again. The sessions that morning went much faster than I wanted them too. I would simply love to sit at Bethie's feet to be taught for ever and ever. The truth of God's word is fresh, clear, cool water for a thirsty soul.
Bethie's daughter, Amanda, wrote this summary of the weekend for the Living Proof blog;
"My Dear Sister
God has not overlooked you
He has not ignored you
He hears every petition
And intimately knows
The heart beneath it.
Give Him full access
To all your longings
Pray every single day
To become a person who delights in Him.
When it seems to disappear
Remember to check your JAW
Are you jealous?
Are you angry?
Are you worried?
Roll it all on Jesus
He's strong enough to carry it
Big enough to handle it.
Trust God with all your heart
Now leave this place
And go into the world
And do some GOOD. "
Wow! That is good stuff right there, and that is just a summary! To all of you reading, God is awesome! He is in hot pursuit of you right now, wherever you are in life, no matter what your circumstance, he wants you to know his perfect peace and love! Seek him! Turn to look for him! He is WORTH it! He loves you so much, dear one. So very much! Take the very next opportunity you have to study with Bethie. She will help you to peel back the layers of your heart and mind and give you motivation to ask the Holy Spirit to fill you up to overflowing with a passionate love for Christ!
Bethie, I love you to pieces! Thank you for being the real deal...sold out to our savior, DELIGHTING in his saving grace, full of fun and life and love and laughter! Keep serving Him with all your heart! Thank you for being a model to so many women, me especially, of the power of Christ to change our hearts and lives. You are a blessing, my dear Bethie! A beautiful, fresh, inviting blessing. I pray that God will continue to care for you and your family, and abundantly meet your every need! I can not wait to someday wrap my arms around you and squeeze! God bless you!
Here is one more look at my Bethie from the very end of the event as the self-titled "Queen of Cheese." How can you help but love this woman?!?
By the way, do you remember the note Chelsea wrote for me to give to Bethie. Well, there was not an opportunity to meet her, but I did give it to an official looking dude who was SO gracious and said "Oh, of course!", as I held the note out to him. I told him, "It is from my daughter." He asked what her name was, repeated "Chelsea", smiled and went behind the curtain where I know Bethie was! Yay! I am sure she read it and I hope she was blessed.
Allison-
ReplyDeletethat's so awesome! I'd be jealous of you, but then I'd have to check my "JAW" and figured I should just be happy for you instead:) I would have LOVED to join you! I'm glad you got to go and have so much fun and learn so much! I was going to go when she was in Fargo, but it was the same week I was in Mpls.
So cool!
ReplyDeleteI was there, last minute with a dear friend of mine. I have a post up on my blog somewhere too with some pictures. I was on the floor, just opposite of you.....
the time to come forward and surrender to God was so powerful. I came home overwhelmed and amazed and in awe of what God can do!
God bless,
Heather