We decorated the dining room with tulle in fall colors.
Gabi helped decorate by adding all of the fall Littlest Pet Shop animals that she could find.
The we all went for a drive up to Chippewa Falls where there are some wonderful apple orchards. The real fall colors were so bright up there. This is Chelsea and me at an orchard.
One of the orchards had a corn maze that Glen, Lane, Gabi and Aidan went through. They all made it out again!!
A pumpkin patch.
This is one of the silly pictures of all the kids. Why, oh why do they act up so much when Glen puts the camera on them??
We had a nice afternoon together. For a special treat we ate dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. Steak!! Yum, Yum!! Then we went home for cake and presents. I try to be fairly transparent with y'all, so I will just come right out and tell you that I had a problem with the frosting on the cake! Chelsea wanted German Chocolate cake. It has a cooked frosting that I have made before without any drama! Not this time! That silly stuff would NOT set up for anything. So just before we sang Happy Birthday I poured the frosting on the cake. Then we sang, Chelsea blew out her candle (there wasn't time to get a 17 on the cake), and we cut into that cake as fast as we could. I had to keep scooping frosting up off the cake plate and putting it back on the cake. Crazy! However, little things like this make you look back and laugh! Sorry, no pictures of the hilarity!
Happy 17th Birthday Chelsea Anne!
Dad and I love you to pieces!
Happy Belated Chelsea! You can not be 17, because I remember very well that just last year you turned 12! :) Do you realize you could be married next year?! :) Allison, you could be a grandma in a couple of years! haha lol I bet you love that thought:)
ReplyDelete