Well my goodness!
Yes, I know, I know, I know!
It has been forever since I wrote anything at all!! Truly forever!
There are many reasons. I won't list them all. One in particular that I will mention is Pioneer Woman. She is my new love, blogger love anyway. I found her blog a few weeks back and it has shaken my confidence and made me question why I am choosing to do this in the first place! Pioneer Woman has skills! True blogging skills!! Her photography is gorgeous, her stories so well written, her recipes delicious. I felt empty and void of anything worth sharing for so long...
But I am learning to deal with it! This is just me! My life, my thoughts, my poor pictures, and if you are still interested and keep coming back, then there must be a deeper reason! (I cannot even begin to figure out your particular reason!) So I decided to take a deep breath....aaaahhhh...and get back on these keys.
Hello! How are You?? I haven't connected with you in some time and I miss you! So much has happened in my life since the sauerkraut disaster. (That was a real set-back!) Photo opportunities that have come and gone. I admit that I missed most of them! We are still here, the Mills family. We are still homeschooling. We are still raising chickens, cats and dogs. We are working hard on remodeling two apartments at the moment. The painting and decorating has filled up countless days for me! Christmas is screaming into the station here like an express train and I am NOT READY!! Anyone else feel that way??
I planned to shop all day by myself yesterday. I wanted to get my children's gifts and my husband's. I had a list, it was thorough! I dressed cute. I planned to have a free coffee at Starbucks as a pick-me-up half way through the day. Someone gave me a Starbucks gift card and I plan carefully when I will indulge myself! I needed to stop at our new neighbors house (tell you about them sometime soon!) on the way. I had multiple items in my hands to take to them. I had worn Glen's coat the night before and I left my phone in his pocket. I felt disconnected without my phone with me, so I called Glen BEFORE I left the house and arranged to meet him for lunch and retrieve it. I rushed out the door. Stopped at the neighbors house to leave the goodies for them. When I arrived at the lunch destination I parked and looked around.
No purse on the seat.
No purse on the floor next to the seat.
No purse AT ALL!!
Seriously!
How did I manage to get all the way to town with no purse?? That meant no wallet which meant no bank card, no cash, no check book, no driver's license!! No lip balm, no hand lotion!! I felt lost and suddenly naked!! All I had were the car keys and the hope that my husband would soon arrive with my phone!!
He did, bless his heart. He also had some cash on him which he gave to me so I could at least get the groceries on my list.
After lunch I bought those few meager groceries and slowly drove back home. Sigh. Hopes for a fun shopping day dashed. Crushed. Empty.
Today I am trying again.
I am currently coloring my hair, then off I will go. WITH MY PURSE!!
I will probably forget something else, but I will press on!
I have to.
Christmas is only eight days away!
p.s. Go check out thepioneerwoman.com
You will love her!
Pioneer woman has nothing on you! And guess what I did just a couple of weeks ago- that very same thing, left the house naked. Yikes. I might check out the pioneer woman but I still love you. :)
ReplyDeleteLaurie
I just enjoying hearing what's going on over on your side of the world:)
ReplyDelete