One step in the process of preparing for a cruise is getting a passport, or in our family, six passports!
We had them years ago, 15 years to be exact. Glen and I, Chelsea and Lane. Gabi and Aidan did not have one. Passports do expire, and yes, ours were expired!
Time to update things! Time for new photos...who wants to travel with a passport picture 15 years old??
Walmart takes passport pictures. We all trucked in there together.
It only took a few minutes.
The lady said smiling was not allowed?!?!? What?? Why can't we look happy?? We are about to go on vacation to a warm place in the middle of the winter! We ARE happy!!
Fine. No smiling.
Aidan took the instruction VERY seriously!
We all look hilarious...only I don't think it is funny!
Chelsea asked me how I can manage to look so stressed in a picture? She is right! I do look stressed, and can not tell you why. I was trying to look pleasant, WITHOUT smiling!
Try it yourself sometime. Think about something pleasant, hold that face and look in the mirror. Did it work for you?
Didn't for me.
ANYWAY...
All the proper paperwork was sent into the appropriate government office.
The days passed.
We waited and tried not to worry.
Finally, three passports arrived!
Yay!! Three of us were officially going to Mexico! (Mine was one of the first three, so I had no worries after that!)
Now the other three are here, and we are all "ready" to board that huge sailing vessel and venture out into the deep blue ocean!
I hope it is warm!
Really, really warm!
I wish I had started working out earlier! I wish I was getting more positive results!
Oh well!! It is Mexico! No one there knows me anyway, and the people going with me are going to have to solemnly swear not to say a word about anything flabby or saggy that they might see when looking in my direction!
How do you think that is going to work??
I'll keep you posted!
I so wish I was going with you guys, and not because of the weather or because I want to travel, because, (I know this will be hard for you to believe, but its true) I'm actually kind of sick of traveling, but I want to go with you guys because you are going to be hilarious! I want to go just to watch your giddyness:) I think you'll be like kids in a candy factory. Do you think you could video yourselves for me and post it when you get back:)
ReplyDeleteOh, also, if you guys have snorkle gear bring it. It costs around $30 to rent it, but if you bring your own its free:) If you or anyone else will be in the bji area you are free to borrow ours, we just bought 2 sets for our cruise. Also, a nice beach bag that can get all sandy for your shore excursion days. Where are you porting? Call if you want any other tidbits:) Have fun!!!!! Post as soon as you get back!! :)
ReplyDeleteWho is this?? What have you done with my friend, Lyndi?? I demand you return her at once so I can ask her all kinds of questions about our trip! She LOVES to travel! Unless she is not feeling well and needs to nap frequently!
ReplyDeleteLove you and miss you!!