Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Worry


Admit it. You have been worrying about me haven't you. I could tell. You have been wondering if I stopped cooking. I haven't reported any new recipes made for over a week, so I think your fears are slightly justified.

Fear not, dear one! I have been cooking my heart out and keeping a list to show you!

So, since the last time I mentioned PW, I have made

1. Simple, Perfect Chili

2. Meat Loaf

3. Twice-baked Potatoes

4. Braised Beef Brisket

5. Cheese Grits

6. Patsy's Blackberry Cobbler

7. French Breakfast Puffs

8. Flat Apple Pie

9. Sherried Tomato Soup

10. Simple, Perfect Enchiladas

And then, I had 2 1/2 lbs. of ground beef still in the fridge and PW posted her recipe for Sloppy Joes on the blog, so I made them as well. I know they didn't come out of her cookbook, so I didn't count them. But I wanted you to know.

That makes a grand total of 43 recipes so far. I am so close to done that I have begun to think about what I will do after this project is over. Such as..."Which cookbook will I cook through next?"

I scanned through a couple others the night I made the sloppy joes, and from Southern Living Comfort Food I made Corn Pudding (which is a lot like scalloped corn that I make every Thanksgiving). And from The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen I made Butterscotch Pie, but I used a frozen pie crust from PW for the crust.

So you see, I have not fallen off the wagon, I am still here and working away.

Tonight is Ribeye Steaks with Whiskey Cream Sauce for sure. I still have to decide on a dessert, maybe Creme Brulee, or Red Velvet Cake??? There is also a Pineapple Upside-down cake that looks divine!

So many choices, so little time!

Have a great day!


2 comments: