Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Additional Kitchen Comments

Some things I didn't mention. First, the microwave fits nicely above the stove and made space on the counter next to the sink for the coffee maker. Secondly, I mentioned before that the coffee maker didn't fit under the top cabinets...well, it does, but just barely!! To fill it and to brew coffee I have to pull it out from underneath the cabinet, but I like it there next to the sink...it seems to make more sense than on the opposite side of the room! I also love the extra storage that the new shelves provide! Now I have space in the cabinets for some of the larger serving pieces that just didn't have a spot before. My only question is will I like the open storage long-term? Only time will tell!
It is cold here again today. Gabrielle has been sick since last Friday. She is still on the sofa today. Aidan needs to get going on his school work. Chelsea and Lane went into town with Glen for the day because they have Bible Study and Youth Group tonight, so it saves the extra trip by taking them in now. We were going to have some friends over for tea today, but not with sick kiddos, so we rescheduled for next week. Hopefully everyone will be healthy by then! The sun is shining though! And tomorrow is supposed to be much warmer! Yeah!! I am looking forward to days in the mid-30's and higher! I think I will brew another pot of coffee, and get back to teaching!

2 comments:

  1. hi Allison! wow the open cupboards look so nice. why didn't I ever think of that as a possibility? What a difference it makes .You are ingenious in figuring out the wiring and getting it to work.I could hire you here ina heartbeat. We need a fan put in our bedroom next time you come.???...oops I don't want to scare you into not coming ..Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. 09Feb2009

    Hi Allison:

    I love the open cupboards ---- why didn't I ever think of that?? I'm amazed that you did the wiring above the stove. Next time you come I will hire you ---- we need an overhead fan in our bedroom ---- a Hunter brand Bob says ---- so it will be quiet?!? Opps, don't not come because of my wiring request?!? Hope to see pics of the chairs sometime soon!

    Our ice storm ice is starting to melt.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete