Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A busy week

My life is pretty orderly as far as activities go. I don't shuttle children back and forth to soccer, piano, scouts, or track meets. We live far enough outside of town that trips in are planned and deliberate. I like things that way, don't like to run, enjoy just being home and taking life at a slower pace. Gonna have to get my game face on for this week. It is shaping up to be a bit busier than I had planned. Everything in it is a good thing! I am helping out a friend by preparing some meals for her. We are planning to have friends for dinner this weekend. Yet there is an activity coming that has pushed my panic button...Gabi's birthday. Her 12th birthday, to be precise. With each of our children we host a large party for their 12th birthday. We use that milestone to mark their passage from childhood into adulthood. Friends and their families gather with us to show Gabi (in this case) that they will support her, be an encouragement to her, be the ones she can trust, turn to, ask for advice and prayer from, etc. It is a big deal to the kids. Gabi has been talking about her party for some time, and Aidan already asks about his as well! Seems like it should be manageable! Order the cake, arrange for tables, plan the coffee and the punch, help her find the right dress...the typical list. Even while typing I think it should be totally possible for a homeschooling mother of four to pull this together without a hitch! I just wish that Glen was home this week! He was out of town last week, and won't be home till Friday. Well, onward and upward! Just pray for me, please! That would be appreciated! Thank you!!

3 comments:

  1. Wait, order a cake? With that lovely post about velvet cakes? :)

    We got the invite and are very bummed it isn't on a weekend so we could join you. Tell Gabi we will really miss being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know! It just crosses one thing off my list! :) And Gabi gets the one she wants! We will miss seeing you! How are you handling your "re-entry" back into real life after your trip? I imagine it was great to get away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see a post about the big day please!

    Reentry into real life should come gradually, like: step 1-cleaning a house step 2 include your husband step 3 include your kid(s) step 4 return the tundra:)

    ReplyDelete