Sunday was a wonderful day! I was still feeling a happy "glow" from seeing Beth Moore live. Also, Pastor Paul was back from a summer Sabbatical. We were so thankful he could take the summer off to recharge, but we missed him. The Lord spoke through him on Sunday with a clear word of encouragement. Even when you feel like you are in the dark of life, sing a song of praise to the Lord! My God is good! Forever and ever! He has not forgotten me. I will praise him!
When we got home from church, Glen headed out on an errand, and Chelsea and I started turning our house into a Rubix Cube...here is how it went
move all of Chelsea's belongings into the upstairs hallway
move all of the office paraphernalia into Chelsea's old room
move all of the guest room furniture out of the old office
move the master bedroom downstairs into the old office
move Chelsea's things into the old master bedroom...
Did you follow that?
Basically, we moved four rooms of furniture in, out, upstairs and downstairs. In order to move Chelsea's room hundreds of pounds of books had to be moved off of the bookcase. To move the office another hundred pounds of books had to be moved upstairs. To move the guest room all the furniture had to be carried upstairs. To move our bedroom, two dressers had to be carried downstairs and the boxspring had to be carried out the door of the upstairs porch, lowered down off the roof to Lane on the trampoline, then carried inside through the front door. The height of the ceiling on the stairs won't allow the boxspring to fit! Just as we got the boxspring into the house we realized it was time to be leaving for Bible study. We did leave the house a TOTAL DISASTER! I gave Glen a call to allert him to the changes we were making. He laughed and said he totally expected to come home and find some form of carpeting in the yard. (This house has zero carpeting, all hardwood floors! But it is our standing joke that I haul all the ugly carpeting out of the house and into the yard when he is away and I have had it with the stuff! Trust me, it has happened for real several times!) I am married to the most wonderful man in all creation! He totally rolls with me, well, most of the time!
So now Glen and I sleep downstairs in what was the office/guest room. Chelsea has our old room that is triple the size of her old room, and the office is in the tiny room that Chelsea was using. If you caught the fact that we lost a guest room in the process you are correct. However, we did keep Chelsea's old twin mattress under her new double bed. With a little negotiating we should be able to accomodate guests!
Yes, I was exhausted! I think the changes are going to be great!
I was exhausted just reading all that!
ReplyDeleteWhy the change?
ReplyDelete