Good Morning! It is Monday. A fresh week is beginning and WOW!, do I have plans for myself for the week! First of all, I do realize that my profile is blank and I do not have even a picture of myself up yet! This blog will be a wonderful new journey for me. There are so many new things to learn, and I am excited about learning them! However, the blog is not the only new journey that I am embarking on this week! Here are a few of the items on my "to do" list...
1. slipcover the wingback chairs
2. install shelves in the kitchen
3. rearrange livingroom to my liking
4. do the same for the other living spaces
Basically, its time for a "makeover" at the Mills house. Now, before you roll your eyes in my general direction, let me just state for the record that this house has been very hard for me to get comfortable in. Are you asking how that is possible when this is my dream home realized at last? I think I can boil it down to this...family expectations! This is a "family" house. It has been owned by generations of my family, and most recently by my own dear parents. Most of our furniture had a life with some other family member before it came to us. I love being blessed as the caretaker of all these pieces, but at times it also feels restrictive. It is wonderful, and also difficult. I feel (whether real or percieved) a great amount of expectation and responsibility to make everyone happy in all the decisions that I make. Therefore, I have had a hard time moving forward to really establish my own sense of style here. "Live with what you love." This is my new motivating statement! I will do my best to honor and pay respect to this beautiful old house and the people who lived here, but I am moving forward to create a true sense of home for me and my family. I will not be able to make all the people happy all the time, but hopefully the results will be a comfortable, warm and inviting atmosphere that reflects me and my love of the "farmhouse". I may paint things that have never been painted, and remake furniture pieces that have been in the family for generations, but trust me!! I have a plan! In the end I think it will be good! Are you ready for the adventure?? Well then, strap in and get comfy! It could be a bumpy ride! (And be very glad that you just get to watch and do not have to help with this whole process!!) I will do my best to document the changes as I go! I should also note that everything must be done basically for free, because there is no money in the Mills Family Budget for a makeover at this time!! That just makes it more challenging! Let's get started!!
No comments:
Post a Comment