Friday, January 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Aidan!!



Nine years ago today, a sweet bundle of boy entered our world and family and we are forever thankful!! Aidan was born 17 days before he was due...not a common practice for Mills children! We had just begun a large remodel at our house on Carr Lake Rd. in Bemidji. Things were a MESS there! Sawdust, air compressor, tools, cords, etc. Glen had taken the opportunity to go ice fishing with Uncle Bob Larson up on Lake of the Woods. He had been gone since pre-dawn. The kids (Chelsea 7, Lane 5, and Gabi 2 1/2) and I headed to church. I was teaching 2nd grade Sunday School. Things went great until my water broke during class and I sent Chelsea running to find Jill Winters. "Say these words to her," I said. "Tell her Mommy's water broke!" JIll came running, we drove home, we reached Grandma and Grandpa at their church, somehow a call went through to Glen, but all he heard was "...water broke..." before the static cut in and he lost reception. The flurry of activity came almost to a halt once I got to the hospital. Glen had plenty of time to make it back from the lake. Aidan arrived around 8:00pm on Super Bowl Sunday. The doctor had to leave a party to come deliver Aidan and he wanted the game on in the room?!?!? REALLY?!?!




Aidan, we are so thankfull that God gave you to us! You are growing into a wonderful, godly young man. Continue to allow the Lord to work in your life and follow him always. There is no better way! You are a blessing to us and everyone who knows you! We love you!




Happy 9th Birthday! Mom and Dad
Aidan chose crepes with strawberries and whipping cream for his
birthday breakfast! How smart is he!! He also got to open one gift at breakfast. This is the year for LEGOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment