Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The chicks

It has been exactly eleven days since we picked up the chicks at the post office. They have grown so much in that short amount of time. Their wings have feathers and their tails are beginning to get feathers. They were truly outgrowing the cardboard circle that has been their home in our kitchen since that first day. We spent a good deal of time cleaning out the stable to get it ready for them, but it is not critter proof yet. So, as a short term solution, Glen fixed up the door on the "puppy hut" and we moved them out there. At first they were not sure what to think of their new surroundings. Their actions now show that they are content and happy scratching in the wood shavings, and warming up under the heat lamp. I am happy on two accounts. #1. I have my kitchen back! It doesn't smell like a barn anymore. #2. The chicks were ready for a larger world.
I do wonder where the dogs will go to get out of the weather now?! One thing at a time!

2 comments:

  1. You are delightful... I enjoy reading your blog and hearing the updates from Marcia on your chick adventure. Also, I just wanted to say thank you for the great meatballs and spaghetti recipe that you shared with Marcia (who then shared it with me). My family was raving about it last weekend.

    Dorie (Marcia's friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dorie! I am so glad you enjoyed them! My family loves them too! When the weather is nice we'll have to have a tea party out here so we can get to know each other better! I am looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete