Friday, January 30, 2009

Shopping Day!

I know I said that this house project had to be done for free...so I went shopping today...in MY BARN!! Such freedom, such creativity, such great stuff!! And all absolutely FREE! So, at long last, here are some pictures!!!



The wingback chairs are slipcovered in two mattlasse blankets that I had. The shutters and the round table in the corner I found in the barn. The wicker chairs are waiting for new cushion covers and pillows done in fabrics that my Mom bought for me in Bemidji! (Thanks, Mom!!)
If you look close at the first photo you will see three large, wooden, pillar candlesticks. I did buy those at Target...FOR $3.47 EACH! What a bargain!! We all like our new room! Chelsea and I are sitting on the loveseat looking into our pretty room, Gabi, Aidan and Lane are putting together Aidan's new LEGOS that he got for his birthday. Glen is snoozing on the sofa. It has been a good day!

2 comments:

  1. What great talent, creativity, patience and fortitude you have Allison! The place looks like it is right out of a storybook. Keep up the great work and I hope we get a chance to visit sometime this summer. Happy Belated Birthday Aidan. Love and greetings to all the family.
    Lauren and Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come shop in your barn!!

    ReplyDelete