It has been a very full week, not in number of activities, but more in number of emotions. Sunday Glen and I were in Minneapolis at a tradeshow. It was a fun a busy day. We met and chatted with many people who were interested in cabins. It was fun to walk around the show and look at all the booths and displays. We were blind to the fact that my dad had been admitted to the hospital in Bemidji with heart problems. Monday we talked with Mom and heard the story of how he was doing. The rest of the day I felt that there was a phone growing out of my ear. So many calls to make between the hospital, my Mom, my brother, Glen, and then back again. I was ready to leave at a moments notice and drive up there to be with Mom if Dad was headed for surgery. Praise the Lord! He is home again and going back for various tests to determine what is actually going on inside his insides. So now I am much more relaxed. Still questioning, but relaxed.
We have had friends over this week...that is always fun! Today is our home school Wisconsin state history class. Tonight Glen and I get to enjoy grown-up time going out with friends, Tomorrow we are having friends over in the morning, then I am driving to see a girlfriend for the weekend! Life is good! I am sure there will be lots of things to write about and I may even be able to post pictures again (Thank you so much Jason, for fixing our computer!) Yes, I am totally loving the warm weather. I have been putting my trays of seedlings out in the sun in a protected area each day and they are thriving! I am still counting down the days till the chicks arrive, and it seems that we will have at least two batches of baby kittens sometime in the near future! If you have been thinking about getting a kitten this is a great opportunity! Here are some words of encouragement from Jer. 29: 11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." How reassuring!
No comments:
Post a Comment