Thursday, March 12, 2009
The Seeds Have Sprouted!
Yep! You read it correctly, the seeds have sprouted! Those wonderful herb seeds that I planted are pushing green spears up through the soil. Now they need light...lots of light. So I am headed out to the barn to get the grow light and set up a spot for them in the basement. Once the tiny plants have their first set of real leaves I will thin them carefully so each pot has one hardy plant in it. Then with plenty of water and food they should be big enough to plant outside when the nights are above freezing. I did plant a tray of vegetables also, but only the broccoli is up. I will wait a few more days before putting them under the grow lights. Isn't it exciting! Now if the weather would cooperate!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment