Friday, March 6, 2009
Never Enough Thyme!
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!! I can hardly contain my excitement! I have filled one entire seedling tray with herb seeds! How fun is that?!?! Six little pots of eleven varieties and three pots of two others. They are; Basil, Lemon Basil, Italian Parsley, Lavender, Lemon Balm, Oregano, Thyme, Chamomile, Sweet Marjoram, Chervil, Summer Savory, and then Catnip and Sage. Ooooh! Spring, spring, spring!! I still want to find Lemon Thyme, Borage and Lovage. Then I would like to get starts of scented geraniums, two or three mint varieties, and more rosemary. I have a beautiful rosemary that has wintered over in my kitchen for three winters now. I think I can take cuttings off of it. I sure miss the herb greenhouse down in Illinois. Later on (maybe today yet) I am going to start a tray of vegetables too. However, the herbs had to come first! (All this excitement and I truly have only had one pot of coffee!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment