Friday, March 6, 2009
The Mysterious Ways of a Farmgirl
In between helping two of the kids with their lessons this morning, I got out the recipe for the rustic cherry tart that I made earlier this week. My goal was to photocopy the recipe for a friend. I read through it again and wished that I had more frozen cherries so I could make another (it would be the third actually). Suddenly I remembered the quarts of apple pie filling that I canned last September. Nothing smells as good as apple pie baking, especially on an overcast and dreary day! So I quickly threw together the crust, rolled it out and popped open a jar of pie filling...something was missing. I always make my apple pies with a crumbly topping instead of a top crust...never fear, the crumble is easy to make. Out came a bowl and in went the three ingredients; flour, brown sugar and cold butter cut it. No problem! I sprinkled the crumble over the exposed pie filling. But wait...the open area of this rustic tart is much smaller than that of a 9inch pie plate! I have lots of crumble left over. Again, not a problem! I have frozen blueberries! How about a blueberry tart with lemon zest and a crumble topping?!? Back to the crust ingredients I went! And I wonder why my jeans are tight?!?! Anyone want dessert??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are too funny. That sounds like what I would have and have done. The cherry was fabulous and I bet the apple and blueberry are as well!
ReplyDeleteDear WI Farmgirl, You are such a delight. I was thinking that all of these wonderful dishes would be a great dessert for a tea party on your farm. HINT, HINT!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Please share the recipe.
from Marcia's friend,
Dorie
OK, I can totally rest my case now!
ReplyDeleteAllison- I MISS YOUR FOOD!! How much does it cost to ship yummy desserts to Bemidji? :)
ReplyDeleteAllison,
ReplyDeleteHi! This is Sarah Norvold from Bemidji! Your dessert sounds so delicious! I found your blog through Lyndi's site! It has been fun catching up on what is going on in your life!