I just arrived home from a totally wonderful weekend! My dear friend Debbie invited me to her house to have some girl time together. It was an amazing, relaxing and delightful time! Debbie has an absolute gift for hospitality. When I arrived she had a beautiful space all ready for me, a guest suite, really. The beautiful, spacious, sunny bedroom was comfortably furnished with antiques and family pieces. She had a basket filled with everything any guest could ever need and may possibly forget to bring. There was even a super-soft, fluffy white robe hanging on a hook in the bathroom for me! It did not take me long to make myself comfy there! Right away we fell into conversation! Laughing, talking and lots of EATING filled the first evening. Actually, that is really the basics of what we did all weekend, interspersed with sharing, crying and shopping. But I think those are the things that girlfriends do best! We decided that when we are together both of us are too distracted by talking and laughing to follow simple directions on a recipe! (This resulted in a delicious but completely flopped pound cake!) We learned that the name of the road with all the fun shops on it is
2nd Street. (Debbie couldn't remember what exit it was and the choices are numerous!)
I also learned that riding in a Lexus with Debbie driving makes me car sick! (Debbie says the Lexus is just too rich for me! She could be right!) Oh my goodness, I simply could not tell you all of the funny and wonderful things we talked, cried and laughed about while we were together! We drove her husband Mike crazy! I know that God sure knew what he was doing when he introduced us 15 years ago. I can hardly believe it has been that long! (She hasn't aged at all! It is
so not fair!!) I am so thankful for my Debbie in my life, and for this delightful weekend together! I am also totally thankful for my husband who took on my responsibilities at home while I was gone! I came home to laundry on the line outside!! Who is this wonderful man I married?!?
Thanks again Debbie! It is hard to come back to earth after being so pampered!
Here are the only two pictures I took the entire weekend. (I just never think about pulling out the camera...my oldest daughter just groans at me!)

Debbie and me at her house in front of the fireplace.
(She is the short GORGEOUS one!)

Debbie at Haupt Antiek Market in Rosemont
.
oh my word you have a blog! I had no idea who "wisconsin farmgirl" was. :)
ReplyDeleteI just finished reading all your posts and it makes me really miss you!
ReplyDeleteUm, how did I also completely miss the fact that you've been writing a blog for 3 months now?! Your comment on Lyndi's blog about not updating your's for awhile tipped me off. I, like Lyndi, had to go and read through all your posts. So I'll have to add you to my list of blogs I regularly read. Take care!
ReplyDeleteYou make it all sound like so much fun that I want to do it again! When?!
ReplyDelete