Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooking update



I forgot to mention that I am still cooking my way through The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond.

Having a wonderful time doing it, I love cooking!

Yesterday I made Basic Breakfast Potatoes with the idea that I would also make Breakfast Bowls which requires the Basic Breakfast Potatoes, but my husband had other plans.

Stop that! That's not what I meant!! Seriously!

He asked me to make the Cinnamon Rolls again!

That is not a simple recipe to crank out on a Sunday morning before church. Especially when you find out that you are out of powdered sugar for the maple glaze!!

(So incredibly handy to have a daughter with a driver's license!!)

However, they turned out great!! Maybe I bake better under pressure!

Who knows!

Then, in the afternoon, I fixed the Olive Cheese Bread.

Oh my goodness!! Yummy!!

I had planned on making Chicken Spaghetti for dinner with the leftover chicken from Fried Chicken a few nights back.

But life got in the way.

It does that sometime!

So I will be fixing Chicken Spaghetti for dinner tonight and eating it by myself. The rest of the family will be elsewhere.

Don't you love that word, elsewhere.

Makes me feel like a character in one of Jane Austin's novels.

But only for a minute.

Anyway...

Still enjoying the cooking!

Just thought you should know!


No comments:

Post a Comment