Good morning everyone! I hope your morning is going great! I know it is rainy out, at least it is out my window, but today my spirits cannot be dampened!
Why??
I have a DISHWASHER!!!! Wohoo!!
For those of you who have lived life with the constant convenience of loading the dirty dishes in and a short time later opening the door to a full load of bright sparkly clean dishes, this post will not excite you!
However, if you are like ME and have been doing dishes for six people by hand for three years, you get it! You know what I am talking about!
This is how it came about.
In the middle of the second week of January, Glen and I embarked on a journey that promises to be long and drawn out. A journey filled with joys and frustrations.
We began to remodel our farmhouse kitchen.
I did not blog about it then because the tragedy in Haiti made an otherwise exciting event in our lives seem very unimportant.
Somewhere I do have pictures.
Thank you for not asking...you know how technologically challenged I am!
We moved our kitchen stuff into our dining room. We hung plastic from the doorways. We began making a mess.
We have made messes before.
We have lived through MANY a remodel.
We ought to know a few things.
Such as;
Remodeling ALWAYS takes twice as long and cost twice as much as you think it will!
And,
Living without a kitchen for any length of time is a nightmare!
Apparently we forgot these important truths, or were blinded by sheer excitement!
Needless to say, it has been a longer-than-planned project. I do think we are making headway! I know we are! I have proof...and it washes my dishes for me!!
When we got back from our trip to Mexico Glen told me he had purchased my birthday present. He told me that it was a dishwasher. I could barely believe it! I guess there was a great sale and a rebate!
Anyway, he brought it home Saturday.
Hooked it up...pardon me...INSTALLED it yesterday.
Yes! I loaded it up immediately and presto!! Clean dishes!
This is the very first time a dishwasher has run in this house EVER!! It was a BIG day! With a family of six I know I will run it at least once every day from now on!
I am so thankful! So happy!! So excited!!
Just wanted to share it with you!
p.s. If you need me, I'll be in the kitchen! :)
Awesome! I have never owned a dishwasher yet but someday I hope to. To add a dishwasher to our tiny kitchen would mean a total remodel and we know a few things too, and that's why we haven't done it!
ReplyDeleteYea for you! I, too, am envious. One day I'll have one too. One day...
ReplyDeleteTechnologically challenged or not, I want pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteAllison, my Grandparents had a portable dishwasher but did not use it alot. Cathy Olsen Hawkins (Dale & Charlene Olsen's oldest daughter)
ReplyDelete