Yay!
It has been a fun day!
Now that the paint is the right color, everything else seems to be settling into place.
Chelsea and I worked on hanging pictures and collectables in the living room, and rearranging furniture. The results are lovely!
Remember the last time I did this? Remember the "shopping" in the barn??
It comes in so handy to keep all the fun antiques and furniture that I'm not using down in the barn. Then when I am ready for a change, off I go, and presto! I get a new look without spending a dime. (Not counting the ridiculous number of times I have purchased paint for these rooms!)
I was hoping we would get the dining room finished, and the kitchen ceiling primed so that I can finish painting in there too!
That didn't happen today. Even though it was super fun to fuss and fiddle with the placement of chairs, tables, lamps, shelves and the like, it took a super long time!
Suddenly Glen was calling on his way home from work and I had not given ONE SINGLE THOUGHT to what to have for dinner!
ZOIKS!
Off I ran to consult The Pioneer Woman Cooks for a great last-minute idea for a quick and tasty meal. There are simply oodles of recipes like that in her book. My problem was...
I had not gone grocery shopping.
No steaks in the fridge. No hamburger. No chicken. Nary a brisket nor a pork roast was to be found!
I don't know about your man, but mine likes his MEAT in his dinner!!
Last night none of the pizzas had adequate meat for him. I knew I had to think of something quick!
Then I spied it! Penne alla Betsy! A shrimp and pasta dish! (Yumm!) I quickly went through the ingredients list and I thought I had everything!! Wonderful! I did use spaghetti instead of penne, but hey, pasta is pasta, right?!?!
I was dishing up the fragrant meal by candle-light just as Glen drove in. The music was playing, and if I had just taken the time to shower today EVERYTHING would have been lovely. Oh well! Good thing he loves me anyway!!
So I spent the day rearranging and still managed to squeeze in a PW recipe for dinner! Not bad! Tomorrow I MUST go to the grocery store!!
Well, I could make the Macaroni and Cheese! Hmmmm! Doesn't sound half bad! But there will have to be Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich on the side! Can't forget the meat!!
Are pictures coming soon???? :)
ReplyDelete