Friday, March 12, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls, Pioneer Woman style

Hey now!

What's going on??

Not one of you committed to come have breakfast with me!

Do you know what this means??

It means that I have to eat 40 to 50 maple glazed cinnamon rolls BY MYSELF!!!

Some friends you are!

Just kidding! You know I love ya!

I actually sorta figured that I would be stuck with them. Well, I have children here too. But my kids are the weird kind that get tired of sugar and won't eat any more past a certain point.

Also, Glen went out of town this morning for two days.

Bad timing on my part.

Never fear!! I have a plan!

I cut the recipe in half!

20 to 25 maple glazed cinnamon rolls is much better, don't you think???

I have made these before, but I want to cook through the entire cookbook in six weeks, so I am making them again!

I made them for a crew of hungry guys who came to our house for a "hunting camp" last fall. Those men polished them off in a hurry and seemed VERY appreciative!

(Girls, the recipe is not a hard one!! It truly is one way to win over the heart of your man...that is all I am going to say on that subject!)

So, the dough has been rising in a warm place for about an hour.

Time to go roll it out, spread it with melted butter, cinnamon and sugar, roll it up, slice and bake.

Then the best part...the maple glaze!!

Oh dear! Have mercy!!

2 comments:

  1. No, Wait!! Make the whole batch!! All 50 of them and then go west, isn't that what pioneer woman are supposed to do? Go west to us and I will help you!!!! So will Cayden and Brandon:)

    ReplyDelete