Very good thing that I cut the recipe in half! I ate WAY too many myself. Aidan had seven during the day. Yes. That was SEVEN.
Personally, by mid afternoon I was craving protein of some kind...any kind!! I needed something to dull the sugar-induced headache!
So, the next two recipes were Pizza Crust, and Cowboy Calzones.
The Calzones, as you may have suspected, were little meat and cheese filled pockets. Very yummy, but a bit on the spicy side for my Scandinavian children's tummies.
For dessert we had more Chocolate Sheet Cake...yes, there is still some left. It made an entire baking sheet sized cake!
Then this morning we had Migas. Does anyone know what that means?? The dish was basically scrambled eggs with red and green peppers, onions, jalapenos, tomatoes, cheese and fried corn tortillas.
I cut back on the heat by only putting in half the jalapeno, and that seemed about right for the kids.
Don't worry, of course we had to have something sweet too! Maple Pecan Scones.
Oh my goodness!!
Loved, loved, loved them!! I didn't tell the kids there were nuts in them and they disappeared!
Sometimes you have to know when to keep your mouth shut! Who knew?!?
Then for dinner...
LEFTOVERS!! Whew!
The dishwasher sure is coming in handy!
Tomorrow will either by Spicy Pulled Pork, or Comfort Meatballs. I am up for either one!
The pork gets shredded and piled on flour tortillas with fresh salsa or guacamole.
The Comfort Meatballs are meant to be served with PW's Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
Both meals sound wonderful! We'll see what Glen is in the mood for tomorrow!
So far, so good! The thought did cross my mind that it might be a good idea to weigh myself before getting too far into this project, but I quickly dismissed it!!
Have a great weekend!
Okay, this is ALL sounding WONDERFUL! And, I have to cook in two weeks for my Week of E team, 20 people. You may have to send some of these recipes in my direction...the simple ones. You know me...
ReplyDelete