Have you noticed that spring has come earlier than usual this year?!?!
How wonderful! I was outside working on one of the antique cabinets for my kitchen yesterday. I actually got hot in the sun! On March 15th!! Unheard of!
The Red Winged Black Birds are coming back. I heard at least one of them yesterday. I am going to fill the Oriole feeder today and see if I get any takers.
We have a couple broody hens in the barn. We tried to move them and their eggs to nest on the floor. Two of them didn't like the idea, one warmed up to it, but I wonder if she was off of her eggs for too long. Time will tell. It would be so fun to have baby chicks!
I did absolutely no cooking on Sunday. We had cold cereal for breakfast and frozen pizza for lunch. Supper was hit-or-miss, everyone fending for themselves.
Yesterday, however, I made Egg in a Hole for breakfast. I have made those since I was a kid. I am the only one who eats them in my house.
Cold cereal for everyone else.
Then for dinner we had Comfort Meatballs and PW's Creamy Mashed Potatoes. There are no vegetable dishes in the Pioneer Woman cookbook, unless you count Fried Onion Strings, so I just steamed some broccoli and shredded lettuce for a salad.
Today I am making the Spicy Pulled Pork. It cooks very slowly in the oven all day. I need to get it started soon.
I think I will make some fresh Pico de Gallo to go with it, and maybe some cheesy rice. The rice is a recipe from a friend. Sorta spanish rice with shredded cheese and sour cream added. Yummy!
We are officially out of dessert, so I may have to consult the PW cookbook for something new!
If I make dessert, Pico de Gallo and Spicy Pulled Pork today, that will be 14 recipes in six days.
Moving on and having fun!
I sure wish you lived closer!!! mmmmmm
ReplyDelete